1st Community Federal Credit Union strives to offer our members every advantage possible when you are borrowing. 1st Community FCU uses a credit bureau score to determine your Annual Percentage Rate (APR) and terms on loans, rewarding members that maintain exceptional credit history with a lower interest rate and payment when borrowing. Following are some great ways 1st Community FCU loans can save you time and money:
For your convenience, you can apply online for your Auto, Auto Balloon Payment, Refinance Auto, Personal Loan, VISA Credit Card, 1st Cash Line of Credit, Boat, RV, or Motorcycle Loan. click here to apply online.
A pre-approved loan saves you time and gives you the bargaining power of cash, plus the satisfaction of receiving a low rate on your loan.
Do you need insurance or are you paying too much for Home, Auto, Life or Commercial Insurance? Insurance products and services are now offered through 1CFCU Insurance Services, an independent insurance agency located right inside the 1st Community FCU office at 3505 Wildewood, San Angelo, Texas or contact Rush Seaver at 325/224-3649 or 800/749-1465 ext. 3649 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to find out more.
“Driving Sense” Balloon Note
Find out how to drive more car with less payment. Click here for more info.
1st Community FCU offers Indirect Lending directly through participating dealers where you can obtain financing through the Credit Union without having to come to the Credit Union. You will sign all the necessary paperwork at the dealer, however, your loan will still be with the Credit Union. The convenience cost for this service may be a higher interest rate on the loan. Both Installment and Balloon Loan financing plans are available through this program.
With Simple Interest, pay interest only for the time you have a balance; make additional payments at any time to reduce the principal balance, thus reducing the amount of interest due.
Easy Payment Options
Easy Payment Options available include: weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly or monthly on most loans; cash, mail, or automatic transfer from your checking or savings account or by payroll deduction.
NADA Official Used Car Guide
Free information on retail, loan and trade-in values on used cars/trucks, used boats, RVs and motorcycles by website, phone or through the lobbies.
Skip a Payment on most consumer loans – 6/2020 – We are temporarily waiving all $10 Skip-a-Payment fees regardless of how they are processed. We are also expanding on some of the options normally not available with Skip-a-Payments. If you only need to skip one month of payments on most types of loans, you can check your account online to see if that option can be automatically processed online. For all other Skip-a-Payment requests, please contact a 1CFCU loan officer for other options.
- Online – look for the green circle with the letters SP in the Regular Payment section under your Accounts Summary.
- On our App – look for the blue square icon with the letters SP
Credit history is made available electronically to a number of major credit bureaus. We can also release this information to other merchants at your written request.
Receive a 1/4% Discount on New and Existing Loans for each of the following services financed with the loan at 1st Community: GAP Waiver, Mechanical Breakdown Protection, Loyalty Advantage, Excess Wear and Tear for Auto Balloons, Credit Life, Disability, 1st Community VISA Credit Card with $5,000 limit, Active 1st Community ePLUS Checking account with Active Debit Card or automatic payment transfer from a direct deposit or payroll deduction of at least the amount of the payment – maximum 1/2% discount. (excludes Shares or Term Share Secured, Credit Cards, HELOC (Home Equity Line of Credit), Home Equity, Home Improvement, 1st Lien Mortgage, 1st Solutions Mortgage, Interim Construction, or Commercial loans)
Insurance and Asset Protection
Insurance and asset protection products offer coverage at low costs and are included in your loan payments:
Credit Life Insurance
– protects your family in the event of your death by paying off your loan. Single or joint insurance are available
Credit Disability Insurance
– provides funds to help make your regular loan installments in the event a covered illness or injury keeps you from working. Single or joint insurance is available.
Involuntary Unemployment Insurance
– provides funds to help make your regular loan installments in the event a covered Involuntary Unemployment event occurs. Only single insurance is available.
GAP (Guaranteed Auto Protection) Waiver
– offers protection against financial liability or loss on a financed vehicle that is damaged beyond repair (totaled) or stolen and never recovered. With GAP, the covered deficiency balance between what you owe on your vehicle and what your insurance company pays is waived. (Extensions, Skip-a-Payments, Late Fees, and Add-ons are not covered) Can be purchased up to 18 months from the date of the loan and can be added to the current loan or purchased separately.
Vehicle Service Contract
– a vehicle service contract that acts like a new car warranty; may be purchased separately or added to your loan; available on new and used vehicles, extending the protection beyond your manufacturer’s warranty. Can be purchased at any time on qualifying vehicles and can be added to the current loan or purchased separately.